Search This Blog

Monday 18 April 2011

Sarcomatoid Mesothelioma



Sarcomatoid mesothelioma is the least common of the four cellular types. It accounts for approximately 7 to 20 percent of cases. When viewed under a microscope,the malignant cells appear as elongated spindle-shaped cells that are irregularly shaped and often overlap one another.

Desmoplastic mesothelioma is considered a variant of sarcomatoid mesothelioma. This form is likely the most difficult of all mesotheliomas to diagnose. When desmoplastic mesothelioma invades or metastasizes, the cells can appear very bland and can be misdiagnosed as benign fibrous tissue. Medical experts say this form should not be diagnosed with a needle core biopsy. It's important to know that malignant sarcomatoid mesothelioma is sometimes difficult to diagnose on the basis of histological methods. For example, cells of another type of cancer called pulmonary sarcomatoid carcinoma are very similar in appearance (as well as other characteristics) to malignant sarcomatoid mesothelioma.

For this reason, if you are diagnosed with cancer and you know that you have been exposed to asbestos at some time in the past, obtaining a second diagnostic opinion may be important. Different types of cancer vary widely in terms of prognosis and treatment options, and if misdiagnosed, patients may not receive the most appropriate treatment for their cancer.

Treatment and Prognosis

Each of the four cellular forms of mesothelioma is generally treated in the same way. Treatment is not based on the specific type of cells involved, but instead on the location of tumors and the stage of the cancer. Each type of cancer responds to treatment very differently. In general, patients with malignant sarcomatoid mesothelioma have a poorer prognosis than patients with the epithelioid type , as sarcomatoid cancers are more aggressive and more resistant to treatment. Unfortunately, the general prognosis for all the different types is usually poor, and the difference in prognosis between sarcomatoid, epithelioid, biphasic and desmoplastic cancers may amount to as little as a few months.

Biopsy and Histopathology

Patients undergoing medical evaluation to ascertain a diagnosis of mesothelioma will also have to undergo a variety of medical tests to determine the location and nature of the cancer.















10 comments:

  1. Great post! I am actually getting ready to across this information, is very helpful my friend. Also great blog here with all of the valuable information you have. Keep up the good work you are doing here.   contact us

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your information, it was really very helpful: Website

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its a great pleasure reading your post.Its full of information I am looking for and I love to post a comment that "The content of your post is awesome" Great work. https://www.gpwlaw-mi.com/ohio-mesothelioma-lawyer/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great article with excellent idea!Thank you for such a valuable article. I really appreciate for this great information.. https://asbestoscancer.org/peritoneal-mesothelioma/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Im no expert, but I believe you just made an excellent point. You certainly fully understand what youre speaking about, and I can truly get behind that. asbestoscancer.org/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I went over this website and I believe you have a lot of wonderful information, saved to my bookmarks asbestos cancer organization

    ReplyDelete
  7. You know your projects stand out of the herd. There is something special about them. It seems to me all of them are really brilliant! Michigan Mesothelioma Lawyer

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is really nice to hear. thank you for the update and good luck. Bremerton Puget Sound Naval Shipyard Mesothelioma Lawyer

    ReplyDelete
  9. I want to quickly crave your indulgence and bring to your notice a powerful Herbal Doctor called Dr. James from West Africa, who is just 21 days of contact was able to cure me of HIV for 15 years as ARV consumption does not work but got me a fat belle, I was surfing the internet on my research on a herbal alternative for HIV cure, I came across Mrs. Stephanie Brown, Lori Hirst, Trisha Nelson, and Mr. Richmond Kelly, and others on their appreciation and testimonies on how Dr. James cured them of, Cancer, HIV/Aids, Alzheimer's disease, and Hepatitis B with his strong herbal mix medicine and his spiritual healing. Without hesitation, I picked up interest and contacted the same Dr. James on his Email that was provided (drjamesherbalmix@gmail.com), I told him about my HIV and my details, he told me not to be scared that he will cure me, and he as well gave me guarantee, he asked me to pay for the items which I did. In 2 days time, he sent his herbal mix medicine, through SPEED POST COURIER SERVICE which was delivered to my post office within 4 business days. I appreciated his honesty. I used his herbal drink for 21 days as he prescribed it to, believe me, though I was cured of HIV when they all said HIV got no permanent cure. There is a cure to HIV/AIDS when herbal medicine is being used in the right proportion by a good herbal doctor like Dr. James, the herbal gifted man. Am short of words to thank him and I have resorted to this medium of telling the world at large about him. His truly amazing and kind in helping any sick patients recover their healthy life, he does not charge. Just a small fee to send the herbal medicine to you anywhere in the world. He also told me he got cures for human diseases such as Alzheimer's diseases, Bed wetting cure, Schizophrenia, Cancer, Scoliosis, Bladder Cancer, Colorectal Cancer, Breast Cancer, Kidney Cancer, Leukemia, Lung Cancer, Skin Cancer, Uterine Cancer, Prostate Cancer, Fibromyalgia, Syndrome Fibrodysplasia, Epilepsy Dupuytren's disease, Diabetes, Celiac disease, Ataxia, Arthritis, Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis, Adrenocortical carcinoma. Asthma, Allergic diseases. Hiv_ Aids, Herpes, Inflammatory bowel disease, COPD, Diabetes, CMV, Mesothelioma, contact him today via email: drjamesherbalmix@gmail.com believe me You will surely testify just like me.

    ReplyDelete